PRIDE Day Equality Project

Meeting 8-5-2007

 

Present: Tim, Jer, Todd, Dave, Rebecca, Denise,

 

Meeting brought to order by Jer.

 

Minutes of 6-3-07 approved by unanimous vote

 

Financial Report:  Current balance checking $3962.93 Savings $5629.99

Based on expected expenses and current income we need to bring in about $1000 more to cover all expected expenses.

 

Vendor: 38 different booths, including doubles we have 42 spaces full.  Still no payment from Mother Kalis

 

Entertainment: Paul and KWVA’s Melanie need to be connected together, Jer will do. Almost all entertainment confirmed. Rooms for out of town guests are at College Inn. Jer will confirm Kathie Rushkie.

 

Directory: Question about personal vs. business addresses for inclusion in the directory.

 

Volunteers: Denise has some volunteer names to pass on. They are expected to report to Pride booth 15 minutes before their shift. Looking pretty good at this point

 

Bag: magazine, three or four other items.

 

Promotional: 2 releases so far, Todd is getting good response. In Just Out twice, in the Weekly column by Sally, in Eugene mag., on a bunch of websites .  Should send out thank you material to all sponsors etc.

 

Day of: Sanipac will drop off Friday. Potties at 9, fire inspection at 11. Jer will get the helium on Friday and meet Tim at DEMI. Todd will pick up signs, flags, and magazines from Rebecca on Friday. Rebecca will get tables and chairs, 20 tables ordered.

 

Raffle: Lots of stuff, probably 15+ raffles and 13 or so Silent Auction items.  Pam will need to pick up the Onsen and get raffle tickets to use at the event.

 

Sponsorships: Farmers Insurance central office interested in sponsoring next year.

 

2008: Jer will be moving to PDX in the fall but will continue with Pride another year training a replacement. We need to actively look for a few new committee volunteers for a year ‘round commitment.

Next year we will work more on the event march, with Queerline and others.

 

Meeting adjourned